Dear ICISA Members:
The Chinese new year is right around the corner. Wish you all a very happy and productive Year of Snake!
Let me take a bit of your time to offer a bit of insight into the zodiac snake, for those members who are "Snakes" :-) or who have family/relatives being "Snake"s:
"They often have a good temper and a skill at communicating but say little. They possess gracious morality and great wisdom. They are usually financially secure and do not have to worry about money. They have tremendous sympathy for others and would like to take actions to help ther fellow human beings. They are determined to accomplished their goals hate to fail. Although they look calm on the surface, they are intense and passionate. They have a rich source of inspiration and understand themselves well. They are people of great perception. Women under the sign of the snake do well in housework but are irritable."
Happy reading huh? :-)
"The Year of Snake" is called "Little Dragon" in the Chinese culture, and we do hope and we do believe that the good and booming luck for the people of Chinese origin in the Year of Dragon will continue in the Year of Little Dragon.
Same faith do we have in our association ICISA.
Thanks to the support of our loyal members, and the hard work of many of my predecessors, ICISA now has a strong leadership team, serving and increased number of fine members who are diligent, successful, and enthusiastic team workers. We are embracing many new initiatives and progresses that are exciting and will take ICISA to a new level:
- In San Francisco DSI meeting 2012, we had fourteen new paying members, the largest increase in many years - THANK YOU our new members, for making ICISA bigger, stronger, and more inclusive! Welcome to the ICISA Family!!
- Our VP-Membership Dr. Ruidong Zhang of U Wis-Eau Claire proposed that we begin to work with major Chinese universities and professional organizations, as well as DSI/APDSI/IDSI to host a conference in mainland China, which would be the best way to boost the brand of ICISA;
- Our VP-Research Enhancement Dr. Jerry Chang of U Nevada-Las Vegas proposed wonderful ideas to help our members to increase research productivity and quality - let me excerpt the title sentences of his proposal below:
"First, we could promote member research by adding a page on the ICISA web site to showcase member publications.
Second, we could celebrate member's new publications by announcing them to all members.
Third, we could start a mentoring program.
Forth, we could further promote member research activities by asking members to tape, if possible, their research and/or workshop presentations (either at conference or invited) and make them available on the association web site.
Fifth, we could start a few discussion forums or on research topics.
Lastly, we could organize synchronous group online meetings (Skype, Google+, etc.) for various topics. "
- All the above, will need the strong leadership and support from our VP-Info Technology Dr. She-I Chang of National Chung Cheng University (who is greatly appreciated in maintaining our website www.icisa.info), and our Editor-In-Chief of Communications of ICISA Dr. Wei-Hsi Hung, also of Chung Cheng U.
- We are blessed to have a new and very important officer, Dr. Huei Lee of Eastern Michigan University, who was former VP and President of ACME (American Chinese Management Educators), to join our team as our secretary. With his rich experience in organizing ACME activities, we at ICISA will embrace rich and exciting journey ahead.
- We created ICISA's Facebook page (www.facebook.com/icisa.org) and LinkedIn account (http://www.linkedin.com/groups/ICISA-International-Chinese-Information-Systems) , so our members can visit and social and exchange great ideas in teaching, research, service, and fun!
- And last but not the least, our current treasurer and president-elect, Dr. Jim Chen, who has rich admin experience from his chairship at St Cloud State University, is whom we can always count on and will take our Association to a new level next year.
Dear ICISA Family, we are so excited at the door of this New Year, to look forward to, to embrace, and to energetically work to unfold all those great initiatives! Let us keep close contact, let us visit our Facebook and LinkedIn page/account and social there and share great achievements, ideas, and funs, and let us work to bring ICISA to conferences in China as well as to greatly enhance our members research productivity and quality, and, after all, make ICISA our professional HOME!
Thank you, all members: you are what ICISA is all about, you are the reason why ICISA exist, and you are what makes ICISA strong, great, attractive, and such a warm family! Let's all work together to make this family more prosperous, in the Year of Little Dragon!
Best wishes to you and your family: good health, safety, serenity, and prosperity!
Yue "Jeff" Zhang, President
[Our Association's virtual homes]
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/ICISA-International-Chinese-Information-Systems (simply search "icisa" in "Search - Groups" in LinkedIn)
The ICISA Executive Team, and officers:
Dr. Yue "Jeff" Zhang, President
(California State University, Northridge; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Jim Q. Chen, President-Elect and Treasurer
(St. Cloud State University; email@example.com)
Dr. Huei Lee, Secretary
(Eastern Michigan University; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Jerry Cha-Jan Chang, VP ? Research Enhancement
(University of Nevada - Las Vegas; email@example.com)
Dr. Ruidong Zhang, VP - Membership
(University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire; ZHANGR@uwec.edu)
Dr. She-I Chang, VP - Information Technology
(National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Wei-Hsi Hung, Editor-In-Chief, Communications of the ICISA
(National Chung Cheng University; email@example.com)
Ms. Ivy Yeh, VP-Communications
(Study of Global Languages - SOGL; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Xiaobo Wu, China Representative
(Zhejiang University, email@example.com)
Dr. Benjamin Yen, Hong Kong Representative
(The University of Hong Kong , firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Chiaming Chang, Taiwan Representative
(Shih Chien University, Taiwan, email@example.com )
Dr. Stephen Shih, US Regional Representative
(Southern Illinois University, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ms. Hui-Lien Tung, Ph.D. Student Liaison
(Auburn University; email@example.com)
Yue "Jeff" Zhang, Ph.D.
Professor, Information Systems
President, ICISA (Intl Chinese Info Sys Association)
Department of Accounting & Information Systems
California State University, Northridge
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8372